A Symphonious System
Hiring a composer and bringing your soundtrack to life can be a daunting venture – especially when you’re neck-deep in the development crunch. That’s why I’m here – I’ll help you organize the chaos and make the music process as smooth as possible, while delivering quality audio specifically custom-tailored to your needs.
I can make music in virtually any genre, but you’ll get the most mileage from my forte: Thematic, emotional orchestrations with an emphasis on melody and storytelling.
- Your Personal Music-Man – I make it my mission is to immerse myself in your project as much as possible. When we start working together, I’ll learn all about your project while brainstorming potential solutions to your specific musical needs, as well as establishing a contract to avoid later complications.
- Transparent, Efficient Project Management – Maintaining an organized, well-documented, and transparent workflow is paramount to successful results. I use a Scrum-inspired management system to stay on top of the grind, and can adapt to your workflow. You’re always in the loop, so we can avoid those dreaded endless revision cycles – after all, time is money!
- Leadership and Teamwork – Whether you’re looking for someone to take the reigns and develop a musical world to compliment your source material, or you already have a specific vision and need someone who can take your ideas and give life to them – I can help.
- One-Stop Shop – I’ve got you covered from the composition stage all the way to the final mix and master. I can also take care of sound design, voiceover mixing & editing, implementation, and audio direction.
Music that tells a story.
I take a melody-centric approach to composition that enables me to create memorable, thematic tunes that your audience will keep humming long after they’ve put the controller down. But it takes more than catchy melodies to craft an engaging soundtrack.
When we tell a story, it is imperative to evoke an emotional investment from the audience. Music has proven to be an effective tool to cultivate this emotional investment – but how?
Rather than relying on static theory, I believe these sentimental responses must be subtly and dynamically woven into the audience’s mind – And that is my specialty!
Let’s make your dream soundtrack a reality; get in touch for a free consultation!
“Darrell is very easy to communicate with, both flexible and responsive, his works are awesome, inspiring and pioneering.
He always surprised us with exceptional results, modifying and building upon our proposal, but never ignoring it.
It was a gratifying experience to find myself eagerly waiting for the next composition to get finished, not as a project leader, but simply as a music enthusiast. It has truly been a great pleasure working with him.”
– Franz Heiner, Founder & Director at Lanze Games
“Darrell has composed music for two mobile games with me now and I love his work. One of the most consistent compliments I get from my games is how much people love the music and how it gets stuck in their head (in a good way).
I’m incredibly happy that I had found someone that can collaborate with me, and take the creative freedom I like to give, and run with it and keep coming up with amazing ideas. I highly recommend him and I plan on working with him on future projects.”
– Michael Luyties, CTO at LocalOTA.com
I have had the pleasure of working with Darrell on a number of occasions, both musically and professionally, and have always been impressed with his ability to rise to the occasion and his excellent creativity and musical sensibilities. I have hired Darrell to perform his compositions live multiple times, and foresee working with him again in the future. I would highly recommend Darrell and his compositions for any project you have.
– Aaron Kelley, Drummer and General Badass at Phoenix Ash